Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Post weekend catch up

Hiya everyone It feels like ages since my last blog post.  We've had a busy weekend with visiting family and enjoying the last bit of J's week off work.  He went back yesterday and Princess and Peaches went back to school.  (i always miss them when there in school).  So that left just me and Pixie who has now started to potty train and is doing so well we are all very proud of her.  Monday started out like most Mondays do here with a big clean and a massive tidy up.  I then nipped to the shop for some fresh stuff.

On my way down to the shop i found a £20 note on the floor I couldn't believe it, these sorts of things NEVER happen to me. 

What would you do if you found a £20 note on the floor?

I made flapjacks on Sunday they were delicious and easy to make.  So here is the recipe.......

Flapjacks

Ingredients

12 heaped teaspoons
6 oz of butter
6 tbsp golden syrup
dried fruit/choc chips/cherries (which ever you fancy, i used choc chips and chopped cherries)

Method

In a pan melt butter and syrup
Meanwhile put oats into a mixing bowl
Add melted mixture to the oats and mix until there is no dry oats left
Stir in your added choice of fruit etc
Pour into lined cake tin or individual cake cases
Place in a preheated gas oven gas mark 3 for 20 minutes
When lightly golden on top take out oven and leave to cool.  When cool enjoy.

These are so quick and easy to make, they fill up little tums and are a nice treat.  I sometimes put these into the kids lunch boxes for school.

Hope your all having a nice day?

Dawn