Monday, 9 September 2013

Christmas and getting organised

Hello everyone,

This week Pixie starts Nursery school (Thursday).  She only does one day this week to try it out and then she is in 2 and a half days after that, Pixie is looking forward to going.  It means I have 2 and a half days to dedicate to my online shop without constant demands and requests.  I shall also be able to start to prepare for Christmas.

I'm sorry I know mentioning Christmas in September is up there with swearing to some people but if you start now it will be cheaper.

This is what I do:

I save a set amount out of wages every month and when it gets to September I have the bulk of the money I need to make a serious dent in the shopping.  I then scour the internet to get the best deals on the items I need to buy, I shop using quidco   http://www.quidco.com/user/2593770/  or topcashback http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/poyntz81  I check both to see which has the best deal.  I also like places with free delivery lol.

I then not only enter the new year with NO debts but with a cash lump sum from my cashback payouts.  You could then save this to put towards next years Christmas, or as I have done in the past towards a new much needed household appliance in the sale (purchased using a cashback site of course and usually free delivery).

I shall be starting my shopping in the next week or so and I shall be shopping with a list and sticking to a budget.

Has anyone else started christmas shopping yet?  Do you save all year round?

Readers it's over to you....

Love Dawn