Sunday, 6 September 2015

The building of a capsule wardrobe

Hiya,

As I mentioned fleetingly in my last post I am currently in the process of building a capsule wardrobe, which is a selection of items that can be worn interchangeably in order to vary the look I'm aiming for.  The idea being that dressing is easier in the morning.

My requirements are;

It needs to be items that can be layered for warmth as in North England September can be chilly taking us through to freezing anything up until the end of March, something that can also withstand torrential rain as we get a lot here especially on the school run as it seems to wait for us lol.  I walk alot as I don't drive so the outfits need to be comfortable, I don't work in an office or anything so I don't need corporate wear but I need something I would feel smart enough to wear to church.

These are my requirements and I'm currently looking at what I have and adding a couple of key pieces to it for winter.  I have a set pallette of colours that suit me so I'm sticking with black, white and grey. 

I hope to blog about my new wardrobe when it is complete.

Anybody else have a capsule wardrobe?
Dawn.