I don't know about you but when it's cold and dark outside and the rain is coming down sideways I find it can often effect my mood. This year I have taken steps to help banish the winter blues.
Here are a few things I have tried and found helped:
* Getting myself out and about a bit more during the limited daylight hours. I often walk to work allowing me thinking space.
* Small treats of hot chocolate to warm me up and add some more meat to my bones. ( I need to put on more weight at the moment).
* Warming soups and hearty meals make me feel nourished and cozy from within.
* Snuggling up with a hot water bottle (and a made by me rainbow hot water bottle cover) with my fluffy dressing gown.
* Reading a book takes my mind to a less cluttered place. (Shops this time of year are full of noise and madness)
* Being organised and shopping online means I buy only what I need and I can avoid the hype.
* We have had a go at some crafts, the kids have made some baubles for the Christmas tree and I'm still beavering away at a massive crochet bed cover.
* I also light scented candles on my hearth. I've tried a few different ones now some better than others, I fancy trying the Yankee candles but haven't done so yet.
* I love bubble baths this time of year too, lush bath bombs are a particular favourite of mine.
Do you get the winter time blues? What do you find helps to overcome them?