Sunday, 28 February 2016

Educational bargains

Weld hello,

Today I thought I'd share with you something a little bit different.  As you know I like to be involved in my children's lives and we do all sorts of things together.  I also like to do educational things too, I thought I'd share with you some of the bargaineous educational places I go to get my supplies.

Firstly I use the library for books, each child has a card and you can borrow up to 15 books on each ticket. (I've never had that many at once as I can't carry them all home lol).  I read with my children at home and they read to me too.  They of course get to choose the books, this could be anything from fiction to a book on something they are learning about at school e.g. the Vikings or about another country.  The library is free to join and often holds holiday craft sessions at £1 per child for 2hrs, the kids love it.

I have found Maths, English, Science and French books in the £1 shop these retail at £5.99 each (in big retailers) and are by Letts.  We have used the English and Maths ones and found them really helpful.

I found the reusable (fill in with whiteboard pen) telling the time book (pictured below) ideal for Peaches and Pixie who are still learning to read a non digital clock.  This book cost me £1.99 in B and M bargains, Retail Price £7.99 in most big retailers.

I use the internet to find free colouring in pages based upon a theme (currently Easter) as we are learning about it in school and Church.

B and M bargains do a good selection of writing materials as well as drawing and craft supplies.

Anybody else know of good places to buy bargains for homeschooling?

Dawn

p.s. This is not an endorsed post.