Sunday, 6 November 2016

A quick catch up

Well hello,

I am back!  Sorry I've been away for a while life has just sort of got really busy over the last few months.  The kids have started back at school and growing up far to quick lol. I'm back to work and I'm also back to being a student again too, so lots of changes have taken place and routines have been adapted accordingly to be able to fit everything in.

It's all good fun though, I've been keeping to a budget which is quite tight at the moment and embracing cooking and baking more.  I've been brave and started using a slow cooker, I am now converted and use it at least once a week.  The kids love slow cooker teas.

Last night was bomb fire night so we had fireworks that we got from Aldi and I did hotdogs in buns followed by chocolate Swiss roll and custard for tea.  After watching the fireworks we came inside and enjoyed doritto style crisps and hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.  We had a great time and our smallest cat Marilyn watched the fireworks from the bedroom she loved them too, Maisie hated them she is skittish at the best of times and hid behind the bookcase (as normal). 

Have fun

Dawn