Sunday, 4 December 2016

Jack Munroe "A Girl Called Jack"

Well hello,

My sister recently gave me the cookery book titled "A Girl Called Jack", a book written during a time of unemployment where she had just £10 a week to feed herself and her son.  During a time where being a bit extra frugal is much needed for us at the moment, this book has been really helpful.  It has helped me to re think my cooking strategy and by making small tweaks I find I am utilising what I do buy to the maximum and less waste is being created as a result.  I am also using my slow cooker more and more and trying out new recipes in it most weeks.  A slow cooker really is a blessing to a busy family, a hot nutritious meal ready and waiting for you when you come home from work tired and need to be back out in an hour on the after school club run.

Has anybody else read this book or tried the recipes?

Dawn